Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware. An operating system is the set of basic programs and utilities that make your Raspberry Pi run. However, Raspbian provides more than a pure OS: it comes with over 35,000 packages, pre-compiled software bundled in a nice format for easy installation on your Raspberry Pi.
The initial build of over 35,000 Raspbian packages, optimized for best performance on the Raspberry Pi, was completed in June of 2012. However, Raspbian is still under active development with an emphasis on improving the stability and performance of as many Debian packages as possible.
Download images from here – http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/
Click below on my latest Linux based videos.
- What is sudo?
- Video Splash Screen
- Network Attached Storage
- How to put your Pi Online
- Serial Console Server
- How to update your Raspberry Pi
- Two Factor authentication (SSH)
- What is SSH
- FTP server
- Installing MySQL and LAMP
- How to backup your Raspberry Pi
- Installing php
- Installing Apache web server
- Installing software (apt-get)
- Installing VNC server
- Mounting devices and transferring files
- How to change the Message of the day
- Changing your password
- Changing the system hostname
- Very basic and useful commands
- How to view your Raspberry pi system’s information
- Raspberry Pi – Enabling SSH on Debian